Chincholi: In a tragic incident, a 45-year-old woman and her two sons lost their lives after they came in contact with a live power cable that had snapped and fallen to the ground due to high-speed winds. The incident occurred in Chincholi town of Kalaburagi on Sunday morning.
The deceased have been identified as Jharanamma (45), and her sons Mahesh (20) and Suresh (18). Their bodies have been shifted for post-mortem to Chandapur taluk hospital.
According to reports, the family was trying to cover the cattle feed outside their home using a tarpaulin sheet when the incident occurred. The cable was hanging low and the family did not notice it due to poor visibility caused by the heavy rains. As they were attempting to cover the fodder, the tarpaulin sheet came in contact with the live wire, electrocuting the family.