Bantwal: Ina tragic turn of events, a man died of electrocution at Brahmarakotlu due to a faulty electric coil immersion water heater.
The deceased has been identified as Hemachandra (49). The incident occurred at the rented house of the deceased in Periyorubeedu.
On the fateful day, Hemachandra had gone to take a bath after returning from work. As he did not come out after even after a long time, his wife knocked on the bathroom door, but failed to get any response.
When the door was broken, Hemachandra was found unconcious on the floor with his hand in the bucket of water in which an electric heater coil was immersed. He was rushed to the hospital where he was declared dead by the doctors.
A case has been registered at the Bantwal Town police station.