Accidental house fire causes Rs 5 lakh worth of damage, no casualties reported

08:37 AM Mar 10, 2023 | Team Udayavani |

Kaikamba: An accidental fire broke out at Devanandini Marla’s house in Karamogaru Hosamane, located under Gurupur Gram Panchayat, causing around Rs 5 lakh worth of damage. Fortunately, no one was in the house when the fire started.


According to eyewitnesses, the fire started around 9 am, with smoke seen coming from the roof. Neighbors immediately called the village panchayat and fire brigade, who responded quickly and were able to extinguish the fire.

The cause of the fire has been attributed to an electrical short circuit.

Gram Panchayat President Yashwant Kumar Shetty, along with MESCOM and fire brigade officials, worked together to put out the fire.


Udayavani is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel and stay updated with the latest news.