Belagavi: As a precautionary measure after the sighting of a leopard in Belagavi city, a holiday has been declared for some schools in the city on Monday as a precautionary measure.
A leopard was reportedly seen in Jadhav Nagar of Belagavi on Saturday. An operation to trace the wild cat had been launched, but even after 2 days of the search operation, the leopard remains elusive.
As the search and rescue operation continues, residents of the area have been advised to be cautious and not to let children outside.
DDPI Basavaraja Nalatawad issued orders declaring a holiday for schools in the vicinity on Monday, August 8.
Following Schools will remain closed on Monday:
- Hanuman Nagar Senior Primary School
- Kuvempu Nagar Junior Primary School,
- Sahyadri Nagar Junior Primary School,
- Sadashivanagar Junior Primary School,
- Sadashivanagar Marathi Junior Primary School,
- VV Nagar Senior Primary School,
- Kuvempunagar KLE International School,
- Vanitha Vidyalaya English Medium School, Club Road,
- Kendriya Vidyalaya, Camp,
- Marathi Vidyaniketan, Camp,
- NPET, Club Road
- St. Xavier High School, Camp,
- TV Center GLPS Urdu schools