Belthangady: A carpenter was electrocuted to death while another man was injured after a metal ladder accidentally touched an overhead electric wire.
The incident took place on November 8 at around 7 pm in the Belthangady town area.
The deceased has been identified as Prashanth Acharya (40) a resident of Belthangady Court Road. The injured has been identified as Satish Acharya (32) a resident of Malebettu.
According to sources, Prashanth was unloading the metal ladder from his vehicle when it accidentally touched the live electric wire, electrocuting him. Satish, who was fixing a flex banner nearby, was injured after being thrown onto the road after the ladder made contact with the frame of the banner.
Locals who were nearby rushed them both to the hospital. However, Prashanth was declared brought dead by doctors. Satish meanwhile is recuperating.
After the news of the tragedy spread, MLA Harish Poonja, former MLA K. Vasantha Bangera, and KPCC State General Secretary Rakshith Shivaram visited the hospital and the residence of the deceased.