Wildfires were reported in three locations in Ujire on Friday. Locals were alarmed as a large hill near Kodamballi in Mundaje village caught fire, apparently due to sparks from an electrical transformer nearby.
However, over 50 people gathered to help and successfully extinguished the fire. Fire service personnel were able to put out the remaining spots on the hill by evening.
In another incident, a forest area spanning over five to six acres in Ninnigallu of Ujire caught fire. The fire service personnel and locals worked together and were able to bring the fire under control.
Additionally, a fire broke out behind an old lodge near the highway in the old market area of Ujire, causing concern among the locals. Fortunately, with the timely assistance of fire service personnel, the fire was extinguished before it could spread and cause significant damage.
VP Dhankhar discusses issues like capacity building, defence, parliamentary cooperation with Cambodian king
SC criticises trend of seeking bail under guise of challenging validity of PMLA in money laundering cases
Want an India where Parliament is without religious rituals, law treats all equally: Sibal's dig at govt
DFO Bharat Kumar, accompanied by Mescom JE Krishnegowda and social worker Sachin Bhide, visited the affected areas to assess the damage caused by the fire.