Belthangady: Shops gutted in fire at commercial complex

07:49 PM Aug 31, 2022 | PTI |

Belthangady: Goods stored at two shops were reportedly gutted in a fire mishap at a commercial complex at Ujire here on Wednesday, August 31.


The fire was noticed in the commercial complex situated in front of the Ujire Anugraha English Medium School. Fire tenders from Belthangady were rushed to the spot to douse the blaze, reports said.

The fire, which is suspected to have started by a short circuit, spread to two shops — Anar Tyres and Raksha Agro. Goods worth several lakhs are believed to have been destroyed by the flames.

Both shops were closed on Wednesday on account of Ganesh Chaturthi. A large crowd gathered as soon as the news of the fire spread.


Udayavani is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel and stay updated with the latest news.