Bengaluru: A woman and her seven-year-old daughter were on Saturday found dead inside the washroom of their home in Ganapathi Nagar in Bengaluru.
The deceased have been identified as Mangala, 35, and Gowtami N. The two suffocated to death after inhaling carbon monoxide released from a geyser in the washroom.
The incident came to light when Mangala’s husband Narasimhamurthy asked the landlord to check on them after Mangala failed to respond to calls.
The landlord discovered that the door was locked from the inside and was able to open it through a window. But he was not able to open the washroom door. He then informed Narasimhamurthy and the police.
VP Dhankhar discusses issues like capacity building, defence, parliamentary cooperation with Cambodian king
SC criticises trend of seeking bail under guise of challenging validity of PMLA in money laundering cases
Want an India where Parliament is without religious rituals, law treats all equally: Sibal's dig at govt
The police immediately reached the spot and broke the door open. Both the mother and daughter were found to be dead.
A case has been registered.