A three-year-old girl lodged at Balakiyara Bala Mandira (BBM) on the outskirts of Bengaluru city sustained burn injuries allegedly after the cook accidentally branded her with a hot steel spatula while trying to scare her to stop her from eating cement.
Acting on the complaint filed by the Bala Mandira superintendent, the jurisdictional police booked the cook identified as Mahadevamma under the Juvenile Justice Act.
As per reports, the victim’s father is an alcoholic and her mother has deserted her. Lilavathi who happens to be the supervisor at the facility said that the children are fond of Mahadevamma.
According to her, the cook might have tried to scare the three-year-old as she was in the habit of eating cement debris by scraping the walls. However as she was cooking at that time, the hot spatula may have accidentally touched the girl resulting in the burn injuries.
A TNIE report states that the cook has not been arrested.