B'luru: 6-year-old dies after inhaling residual fumes from home pest control

04:39 PM Aug 03, 2022 | Team Udayavani |

Bengaluru: In an alarming incident, a 6-year-old girl died of breathing difficulties caused by pesticides sprayed at home for killing cockroaches. The incident was reported from High Grounds Police Station limits here.


the deceased has been identified as Ahana, a resident of Vasanth Nagar.

The girl and her parents were tenants at the house owned by Shivakumar. As there were complaints of cockroaches and other bug infestation in the building, the owner had asked the tenants to temporarily vacate the premises ofr a week. In the meantime, pesticides were sprayed to kill the bug infestation.

However, the family returned to the rented house within 4 days, and started living there without informing the owner. Soon after, everyone in the family started feeling ill and complained of breathing difficulties.

Ahana’s condition turned critical and she later died without responding to treatment, police said.


Meanwhile, police said they have registered a case and have taken Shivakumar into custody.


Udayavani is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel and stay updated with the latest news.