Bengaluru: A man mistakenly drank acid from a bottle placed in his hotel room in Bengaluru here.
The victim, Ashok Mittal (45), a resident of New Delhi had arrived in Bengaluru for his son’s college admission. He had booked a room at Royal Airavat Residency Hotel on Mysore Road near Kengeri.
Mittal had carried the bottle kept in his room while leaving the hotel for completing the admission formalities at Christ University. When he neared the college he felt thirsty and drank from the bottle he was carrying. He felt a burning sensation in his mouth as he took a gulp.
He underwent treatment at Christ University Hospital. Mittal felt suspicious and checked the content of the bottle only to find out that it was acid.
Cauvery water dispute: SC refuses to interfere with orders directing Karnataka to release 5,000 cusecs of water to TN
Acid attack among most grievous crimes in contemporary society, says HC, denies bail to accused
Protests erupt in Karnataka as SC refuses to interfere with orders to release Cauvery water to TN
Karnataka expresses satisfaction over Cauvery regulation body rejecting TN's request for release of 12,000 cusecs
He filed a police complaint in this regard.