A 55-year-old man and his 25-year-old son were killed due to electrocution in Jharkhand’s Pakur district, police said on Saturday.
The incident took place at Ilami village under Pakur Muffasil police area in the intervening night of Friday and Saturday, the police said.
The deceased were identified as Farjan Seikh and his son Sharif Seikh.
“The house of Seikh caught fire due to short-circuit. Sharif went to douse the fire but he got electrocuted. Then, his father went to save him but faced the similar fate. Both died on the spot. A bovine also killed due to fire in the house,” Muffasil police station in-charge Mintu Kumar Bharti said.