Thane: A fire broke out today at a three-storey house in the powerloom town of Bhiwandi in Thane district, an official said. No injury or casualty was reported in the mishap, he said.
The blaze erupted at around 8.30 am in a room on the second floor of the bungalow, located near the Vanzarpatti Naka, and spread to the other rooms, Bhiwandi’s fire officer Rajesh Pawar said.
The occupants — a couple and their two children — immediately rushed out to safety, he said. The second floor of the house was partly damaged in the blaze, the official said.
Three fire engines were rushed to the site and managed to douse the flames after hectic efforts for about three hours, Pawar said. The cause of the fire was yet to be ascertained, the official said.