Fire at aparment in Saudi Arabia: Moodbidri businessman’s toddler son dies

08:41 AM May 27, 2024 | Team Udayavani |

Moodbidri: In a tragic incident, a child from a family originally from Moodbidri died, and three others were severely ill following a fire accident in Dammam, Saudi Arabia.


Sheikh Fahad, his wife Salma Kazi, and their children were residing in the Al Husaini Compound behind Lulu Mall in Adama, Dammam. The family had relocated to this building six months ago.

On Saturday night, a fire broke out while they were asleep, leading to the death of their two-year-old child, Sayiq Sheikh, due to suffocation.

Fahad, his wife Salma, and their six-year-old son Shahid Sheikh suffered severe smoke inhalation. They were promptly taken to a nearby hospital by local residents who noticed smoke emanating from the house.

It is suspected that the fire may have been caused by a gas leak from the refrigerator inside the house. Neighbors alerted the fire department after observing the smoke.


Sheikh Fahad is the son of Samad, a footwear shop owner in Moodbidri. He moved abroad many years ago and established himself as a businessman in Saudi Arabia.


Udayavani is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel and stay updated with the latest news.