Mumbai: A fire broke out on the top floor of a seven-storey residential building in Mumbai’s suburban Borivali today and a fireman was injured during the firefighting operation there, an official said.
The fire broke out in Ganjawala Residency building in Mumbai’s Borivali west around 7 am, he told news agency Press Trust of India.
“After being informed about the incident, some fire brigade personnel and police staff rushed to the spot and launched the firefighting operation and started rescuing people.
Fire in 12-storey building in Mumbai; around 60 residents rescued, 39 of them hospitalised due to suffocation
Then president Kovind not invited for foundation laying of new Parliament building as he is 'untouchable': Kharge
In handwritten notes, 10 women parliamentarians share memories of old Parliament building
Forty-three-year-old fireman, Nathu Sarjerao Badhak, sustained 8 to 12 per cent burn injuries during it,” he said, adding that all the residents of the building were safe.
The fire was extinguished by around 9:30 am, the official said, adding that Mr Badhak was admitted to Shatabdi Hospital in Kandivali and discharged after treatment.
The fire was caused due to an electrical short circuit at an office that was shut, he said.