Kadaba: Refrigerator explodes at home, causes destruction

05:25 PM Jun 09, 2024 | Team Udayavani |

Kadaba: A refrigerator exploded an hour after the residents left their home, causing damage to electrical appliances and important documents. The incident occurred on Sunday, June 9.


The explosion happened around 3 PM at the residence of Farooq, located near the Addagadde Anganwadi in Kadaba.

In the afternoon, Farooq, his wife, and their children were at home. Later, his wife and children left to attend a wedding, while Farooq went to his shop near the Tahsildar’s office. The explosion occurred when no one was at home, averting a major disaster.

Farooq had reportedly purchased the refrigerator about five years ago and it was operating as usual. Locals noticed smoke around the house and upon investigation, discovered the fire. They promptly assisted in extinguishing the flames.


Udayavani is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel and stay updated with the latest news.