Subramanya: A leakage in a cooking gas cylinder caused a fire on Monday at the Government Higher Primary School at Noojibalthila in Kadaba taluk. The quick actions of those present in dousing the flames averted a major mishap.
The incident happened on Monday morning when the staff began preparing the mid-day meals for the children. Leakage was observed from the pipe of the gas cylinder that soon caught fire.
Grama Panchayat personnel Dhanraj, Jayaprakash Shantiguri, and Prasad Jalu used a fire extinguisher from an open window and extinguished the fire quickly. No major damage has been reported so far.
The police were called to the spot for further inspection.
Water scarcity: MLA Yashpal Suvarna appeals govt to postpone school reopening by one week
Ludhiana gas leak: NGT directs DM to give Rs 20 L to families of those killed, forms probe-panel
Ludhiana gas leak: Night-long efforts undertaken to decontaminate affected area, says official
The faulty gas cylinder was later replaced.