Kadaba: In a freak accident, a teenager was reportedly killed after being electrocuted by a power surge due to a lightning strike on Tuesday, July 26.
The deceased has been identified as Rafin (14), a resident of Pullottu near Addahole of Siribagilu village.
The boy, who had gone out to play with friends returned home as it started to rain in the afternoon. Lightning reportedly struck the overhead power cables, when the boy was removing his phone kept for charging. The power surge reportedly killed the boy.
Uppinangady police have registered a case in this regard.