Kundapur: Fire breaks out in girls’ hostel; none hurt

12:48 PM Jan 15, 2022 | Team Udayavani |

Kundapur: A fire broke out in Devaraj Arasu backward classes girls hostel near Taluk Panchayat office, Kundapur on Friday night. None was injured in the incident.


It is said that the fire was due to a short circuit near the main switch at the hostel.

When the fire broke out many of the 130 boarders, comprising employees and students, were awake and they alerted the others.

They ran out of the building in the nick of the time. However, as the hostel has only one exit/entrance door, there was chaos among the students.


Udayavani is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel and stay updated with the latest news.