Kundapur native dies from multi organ failure after getting injection for fever

02:50 PM Aug 20, 2023 | Team Udayavani |



Kundapur: A 31-year-old man died due to multi organ failure days after being administered an injection for his fever. The youth’s family has alleged that medical negligence led to his death.

The deceased identified as Amar Shetty, a native of Hosangadi was working as an AC mechanic in Dubai.

Last year he shifted to Bengaluru and began a hotel business while residing with his relatives.

On August 13, Amar had gone to Bhagya Cinic to seek treatment for his fever. The doctor had given him an injection and prescribed tablets. However Amar’s health worsened and he felt pain and swelling at the spot where he had been given the injection.


He thus went to another clinic in Rajajinagar and the staff gave him a few pain killer tablets and administered intravenous drips. Since his health did not improve he was advised to go to KIMS hospital for treatment.

As per police sources, the doctor at KIMS told the family that Amar had suffered multi organ failure due to the probable side effect of the injection administered to him. He passed away on August 18.

His family lodged a police complaint regarding the incident.


Udayavani is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel and stay updated with the latest news.