Kundapur: An elderly woman who has sustained burn injuries on January 19 succumbed to her wounds while undergoing treatment at a hospital here on Friday, January 21.
The deceased identified as Buddu Mogaveerthi (78), a resident of Hattikudru ink Basrur village had reportedly lit a fire to keep herself warm but her saree accidentally caught fire.
Buddu was rushed to the government hospital here with severe burn injuries and was later shifted to Udupi district hospital for further treatment. Upon doctors’ advice, she was then shifted to Wenlock Hospital Mangaluru for advanced treatment.
MP: Angry over brother not attending mother’s funeral, woman attacks her 10-yr-old nephew with knife
Pune: Woman dancer among four booked for shooting Lavani video at place associated with Shivaji Maharaj
She passed away without responding to treatment on Friday morning.
Kundapur police registered a case in this regard.