Kundapura: Man electrocuted to death while plucking areca nuts with a pole

08:28 AM Mar 03, 2023 | Team Udayavani |

Kundapura: A man was electrocuted to death after the stick he was using to pluck areca nuts came in contact with a high-tension wire at Konki of Nada Village here on Thursday.


The deceased has been identified as Bhujanga Shetty (59) a resident of Angadi Mane in Konki.

The incident took place at around 10.30 am when Bhjanga was harvesting the areca nuts in his garden. The pole with the sickle attached accidentally touched the high-tension power line passing through the garden and he was electrocuted.

Gangolli police registered a case and are investigating.


Udayavani is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel and stay updated with the latest news.