Ahmednagar: Ten patients were killed after a fire erupted in the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) of the Ahmednagar hospital in Maharashtra on Saturday.
Fire tenders were rushed to the spot to douse the fire. The situation was brought under control around 1 p.m.
It is suspected that a short circuit may have led to the fire.
Reacting to the fire mishap, former Maharashtra CM Devendra Fadnavis in a tweet prayed for the early recovery of those injured and sought an in-depth inquiry into the incident.
Fire in 12-storey building in Mumbai; around 60 residents rescued, 39 of them hospitalised due to suffocation
Samruddhi Expressway too straight, making drivers sleepy, says Ajit Pawar on accidents on the stretch
“Very shocking & disturbing news from Nagar. My deepest condolences to the families who lost their loved ones in Nagar Civil Hospital ICU Fire incident. Praying for speedy recovery of the injured. In-depth inquiry should be conducted & strict action against all responsible people!” he tweeted.