Mandya: In a shocking incident that took place on Friday, an electric scooter caught fire and exploded in the premises of a government high school in Kirugavalu village, located in the Malavalli taluk of Mandya. The incident occurred while the SSLC examination was in progress in the school.
The electric vehicle reportedly belonged to Prakash, a teacher from Vivekananda High School in Hittanakoppalu village, who had arrived at the examination center and was working as an examination staff. The electric scooter that was parked with other bikes suddenly exploded and caught fire. The fire quickly spread to other adjacent bikes.
Teachers and staff members rushed to the spot and tried to move the bikes away to prevent further damage. However, by then, the fire had spread rapidly, and a total of four bikes were gutted in the blaze.
The locals recorded the entire incident on their mobile phones, and the video of the bikes being set on fire is now going viral on social media platforms.
Ford electric vehicle owners to get access to Tesla Supercharger network starting next spring
Upon receiving the information, the fire department rushed to the spot and doused the flames. However, by then, the damage had already been done, and the four bikes were gutted. The Kirugavalu police station has registered a case regarding the incident.