Mandya: Two injured after scooter catches fire; video goes viral

08:16 PM Jun 24, 2022 | Team Udayavani |

‎Mandya:‎‎ In a tragic incident, two scooter riders received serious injuries after the vehicle suddenly caught fire on the Pandavapura-Srrangapatna road.


The incident occurred in Dasaraguppe village near Srirangapatna on Friday.

Shivaramu (73) and Ananthaiah were on their way from Mysuru on a TVS Jupiter scooter for a relative’s housewarming ceremony in K Bettahalli Village in Pandavapura Taluk. When they were approaching Dasaraguppe village, a huge fire engulfed the scooter.

By the time they could get away, the fire had caught on and both received burn injuries.

Shivaramu was engulfed in fire, unable to extinguish the flames. Locals who were nearby helped doused the fire and took both the injured to the hospital.


A leak in the petrol tank is believed to have started and fuelled the fire.

Video footage of the horrific incident has since gone viral.


Udayavani is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel and stay updated with the latest news.