Mangaluru: Young man dies of electrocution while plucking mangoes

07:41 PM Jun 24, 2022 | Team Udayavani |

‎Ullal:‎‎ In a tragic incident, a young man, who climbed a tree to pluck mangoes, died of electrocution at Jalalbagh under Ullal police station limits on Friday evening.‎


‎The deceased has been identified as Mohammed Ilyas (21).

The incident took place in the evening when he had gone to pluck fruits from a mango tree in a compound near his house. He accidentally came into contact with an electric wire that passed very close to the branches of the tree.

Locals blamed the MESCOM, which distributes power to households in the area,  for the youth’s death. They alleged that the MESCOM officials failed to cut the branches that were close to the electric wires.


Udayavani is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel and stay updated with the latest news.