Manipal: Family restaurant goes up in flames

09:31 AM Jul 15, 2022 | PTI |

Manipal: Fire engulfed a family restaurant operating at a lodge in Manipal on Friday, July 15.


The fire was noticed at the bar and family restaurant in Eshwaranagar in Manipal in the early hours of Friday. The flames raged as several alcohol bottles, furniture and other inflammable material in the restaurant fueled it, sources said.

A short circuit is believed to have started the fire.

Fire tenders were called in and the fire was doused later. However, the restaurant was completely charred, causing significant damage result in huge financial loss to the promoters of the restaurant, sources added.


Udayavani is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel and stay updated with the latest news.