Bengaluru: ManipalCigna Health Insurance Company Limited, entered cashless OPD with the launch of ManipalCigna ProHealth Prime to protect people’s finances from day-to-day healthcare expenses such as doctor’s consultation fees, prescribed diagnostic tests, and pharmacy.
In India, approximately 65 percent of the total health care expenditures are out-of-pocket expenses, which are not covered by most health insurance policies in the market. Therefore, to help reduce the burden of out-of-pocket spending, ManipalCigna’s new Cashless OPD coverage under ManipalCigna ProHealth Prime gives policyholders option of Rs 20,000, Rs 30,000 or Rs 50,000 per policy year, to cover for expenses they incur on outpatient expenses, including dental, vision, physical doctor consultation fees, prescribed medicines, etc.
Speaking about the new cashless OPD coverage, Mr. Prasun Sikdar, Managing Director and CEO, ManipalCigna Health Insurance Company Limited said, “We at ManipalCigna believe in constantly innovating our product line to offer not just health insurance but a complete healthcare solution. Our new digitally enabled, unique App-based Cashless OPD proposition under ManipalCigna ProHealth Prime helps our customers reduce the burden of out-of-pocket spending at just a click of a button.”
Sikdar further added, “Today on the occasion of National Insurance Awareness Day. I would also like to encourage people to set aside some time to review their existing coverage to safeguard the financial future of their loved ones. Furthermore, if one does not have health insurance, it is vital to get a complete healthcare insurance plan that fully covers healthcare expenses both inside and outside of the hospital.”
ManipalCigna Health Insurance introduces revolutionary ‘Switch On - Switch Off’ benefit in a new plan
Cashless OPD cover is especially beneficial to people with higher out-of-pocket expenses or parents with infants or young children prone to ailments that require over-the-counter medicines or get tests done quite frequently. These expenses add up to a lot but go unnoticed by most health insurance plans.
Thus people who require regular OPD consultations can benefit greatly from a health insurance plan which helps cover their OPD expenditures on a cashless basis and lets them stay fit with simplified wellness offerings.
The ManipalCigna ProHealth Prime provides the following OPD benefits different from the other health insurance policies:
- Annual Health Check-up from 1st year onwards
- Doctor Consultation – Physical with 6000 + Doctors, 16+ major consultation specialties, both Hospital and Clinic based network
- Prescribed Diagnostic Expenses across 20+ chains & individual centres for all major lab tests
- Prescribed Pharmacy Expenses for 1.60 Lac + medicine items across 27,105l pin-codes in 2890 cities, and store pick-up in 570+ cities
- 24X7 Unlimited Tele Consultations in 16 major Indian languages with 10000 + Doctors
- Reward points of up to 20% on renewal premium for achieving daily step count
- Domestic 2nd opinion for 36 listed Critical Illnesses
- Condition Management Program
- Discounts on prescribed medicines, lab tests, and health supplements
To avail of these OPD benefits, policyholders just need to book cashless services for themselves and their dependents on ManipalCigna App.
ManipalCigna ProHealth Prime also comes with an option to earn attractive rewards points of up to 20 percent of the base premium for completing the number of predefined steps towards wellness in a day. These reward points can be used towards a discount on your renewal premium.