Many labourers suffer ammonia poisoning following a blast at a fish storage unit

01:32 AM Apr 05, 2020 | Team Udayavani |
Kundapur: More than 20 women labourers got ill after an ammonia liquid explosion occurred at Malpe Marine Fish Storage at Devalkunda near Bagwadi of Hemmadi in the taluk on early morning of Monday, August 12. The sick laboureres were rushed to Adarsh Hospital in the town and are being treated in the ICU. Meanwhile, two fire engines rushed to the spot and secured the area. The leaking ammonia liquid used for freezing has been brought under control. Kandlur police station officer Sridhar Naik visited the spot and conducted further inspection.

Udayavani is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel and stay updated with the latest news.