A fire mishap was reported at an electric scooter showroom in Naguri on Friday, June 24 morning.
The incident took place at Smart City Motors showroom which deals with Okinawa Bikes.
It is suspected that a short circuit resulted in the fire. Several scooters that were on display at the showroom have been gutted in the fire.
Fire tenders have rushed to the spot and efforts to douse the fire are on.
The fire was first noticed by the building owner, Hamid, who lives the house just above the showroom. His son told Udayavani that at around 7 am, his mother noticed smoke emanating from the showroom and informed him. He also said the main electric circuit breaker was tripping since morning and they initially thought it was a power disruption due to rains.