Mangaluru/New Delhi: Dakshina Kannada MP, Nalin Kumar met with the union minister for railways, Piyush Goyal, and union minister of state in the department of railways, Suresh Angadi, at New Delhi and put forth a number demands relating to railways in Dakshina Kannada district and requested them to fulfill the same. The many demands include the creation of a separate railway division for Mangaluru, well-equipped building and development of basic facilities at Mangaluru central station, quickening the construction of third and fourth platforms at Mangaluru central station, converting the thrice-a-week train between Mangaluru and Yeshwanthpur into a daily train, reintroduction of Miraj/Mahalaxmi Express train with extending it till MCST, introducing a new train between Mangaluru and Pune and the reintroduction of Mookambika road/Kasaragod train making run till Guruvayanakere. The other demands include
- Extension of day train 16515/16 running between Karwar to Yeshwanthpur via Mangaluru junction till Tirupathi.
- Introduction of a new train between Mangaluru and Tirupathi.
- Increase train speed that run between Mangaluru and Bengaluru.
- Approval for new train from Mangaluru to pilgrimage centres in north India like Varanasi, Allahabad and Gorakhpur.
- Railway track doubling between Subrahmanya and Sakleshpur.
- Development of basic facilities in Subrahmanya road railway station.
- Change time schedules of Mangaluru/Puttur/Subrahmanya and Karwar/Bengaluru passenger train.
- Provision of a stop at Kuttipuram railway station for pilgrims travelling to Guruvayur by Mangaluru/Coimbatore intercity express 22609/10.
- Regularization of Coimbatore/Mangaluru junction/Jabalpur express special train among other things.