Mysuru: Over 20 hospitalised after gas leak at scrap shop

09:16 PM Jun 07, 2024 | Team Udayavani |

Mysuru: Over 20 people were hospitalised after a toxic gas leak in a scrap shop, owned by Mahamad, in Hale Kesare here.


Residents of Hale Kesare showed symptoms of difficulty in breathing, coughing, and vomiting. Affected individuals have been admitted to various hospitals across the city.

Upon receiving the information, fire department personnel arrived at the scene and brought the situation under control. Health department staff also arrived to conduct health checks on those impacted by the gas leak.

The shop had purchased scrap materials from Davangere three months ago, including chlorine cylinders. During the incident, chlorine gas was released from one of these cylinders while it was being cut, causing health issues for nearby residents. The affected individuals have been admitted to hospitals including K.R. Hospital in Mysuru for treatment.


Udayavani is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel and stay updated with the latest news.