Padubidri: An electrical contractor and a petrol bunk owner were arrested on the charge of causing the death of a labourer due to negligence.
The deceased has been identified as Ningaraju (19), from Aihole village. He died of electrocution while digging a pit at Bhavya petrol station premises in Padubidri.
Petrol bunk owner Suresh Shetty and electrical contractor Shivram Shetty have been arrested.
It is said that the suspects had not taken any precautionary measures like providing gloves to the labourer. He was electrocuted when the iron tool he was using to dig a hole struck an underground power line.
Ningaraju was taken to a nearby hospital but died on the way.