Puduvettu: Two members of a family died after consuming poisonous mushrooms in Puduvettu, Belthangady Taluk on November 22.
The deceased have been identified as Guruva (75) and his son Odi (45), residents of Miyarupade Kerimaru. According to locals, Guruva and his two sons were living in extreme poverty.
On Tuesday, locals found Guruva and his son lying dead in front of their house. It was later revealed that Guruva and his family had consumed poisonous mushrooms on Monday which is the cause of their death.
However, luckily, Guruva’s other son did not eat the mushrooms as he was not at home.
Police officials who visited the spot conducted an investigation.