Puttur: Firecrackers stored in commercial bldg go up in flames

04:55 PM Nov 02, 2022 | Team Udayavani |

A major fire incident was reported from a commercial building housing a firecracker godown in Puttur.


As per reports, the firecrackers were stocked in the car parking area of the building.

Alerted by the sound of the crackers, shopkeepers rushed out to safety.

It is not yet known if the stocked firecrackers went up in flames due to an electric short circuit or if it was accidental. The loss is estimated in lakhs of rupees.

Puttur fire brigade personnel arrived at the scene and doused the fire.


Locals have questioned who gave permission to store such a huge amount of crackers in a commercial building.



Udayavani is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel and stay updated with the latest news.