Ramanagara: A car caught fire while it was being towed on the National Highway at Komanahalli in Channapatna on Friday.
The car had met with an accident near Bidadi and was being taken to Mysuru for repairs when the mishap took place. It is learnt that the diesel leaked while towing from the car and a short circuit led to the fire.
Channapatna fire brigade personnel rushed to the spot and doused the fire. There were no reports of casualties in the incident. However, the car was completely gutted by the flames.
A case has been registered at Channapatna Rural Police Station.