New Delhi/Kundapur: Udupi-Chikkamagaluru MP Shobha Karandlaje met Union minister of road transport and highways Nitin Gadkari and requested him and his ministry to direct Navayuga Udupi Tollway Pvt Ltd to complete all the pending works to be executed by the concessionaire on NH-66 at Kundapur. In her letter submitted to Mr Gadkari on Wednesday July 10, the MP said, “Government of India, ministry of road transport and highways has accorded the approval for the four-laning of road which connects Panvel-Cape Comorin which passes through Kundapur region of my constituency, which was taken up by Navayuga Udupi Tollway Pvt Ltd.” “Even after the seven years of commencement, the works has not been completed, thereby causing severe road blocks and traffic congestion, disturbing public tranquility and vehicle movement. Moreover, it has led to many accidents in the said locations affecting public safety." The pending works by the concessionaire Navayuga Udupi Tollway Pvt Ltd are as under:
- Kundapur Flyover approach works near Shastri Circle (55% completed including structure)
- Pedestrian Underpass (PUP) at Ch 283+705 (50% ie structure completed and RE wall balance)
- Vehicular Underpass (VUP) at Ch 284+990 (50% ie structure completed and RE wall balance) \
- Pedestrian Underpass (PUP) at Ch 285+185 on the approaches of the VUP (Not yet started)
- Padubidri Minor Bridge approach works and counter-fort retaining wall (70% completed)
- Beejadi service road LHS service road at Ch 289+000 Saligrama service road on both sides not yet started at Ch 298+120
- Padubidri service road on both sides to be completed,” the letter stated.