Sagar: Child swallows Rs 2 coin; Parents spend Rs 21,000 for extraction

06:21 PM Sep 10, 2022 | Team Udayavani |

Sagar: A Rs 2 coin stuck inside an 8-year-old girl’s stomach for 5 days was successfully removed within minutes through a delicate endoscopy procedure in Shivamogga. It is said that the procedure cost the parents around Rs 21,000.


A few days ago, the child, a resident of Gulamnagar had swallowed a two rupees coin. The parents immediately took her to a nearby hospital.

The doctors suggested they wait for two days for the coin to be automatically excreted.

After 5 days, the girl’s parents again took her to the hospital where doctors claimed that it requires endoscopic removal.

Following this, the endoscope equipment was inserted through the esophagus and the coin was removed from the girl’s stomach in minutes.


It is said that the coin had turned black as it was immersed in gastric acid inside the stomach.


Udayavani is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel and stay updated with the latest news.