Shivamogga: Industrialist Sharath S Boopalam dies in house fire

09:07 AM Jan 08, 2023 | Team Udayavani |

Shivamogga: In a tragic incident, industrialist and board member of Shivamogga District  Chamber of Commerce and Industry Sharath S Boopalam (39) died in a fire at his residence on Sunday morning.


His son Sanchit (12) was seriously injured in the incident and is receiving treatment at a private hospital.

The fire was noticed at the Boopalam family residence near the Shivamogga Zilla Panchayat office on Kuvempu Road at around 4 am on Sunday. A short circuit is believed to be the cause of the blaze.

Soon thick smoke engulfed the whole house. The occupants of the house ran for the exits. At this time, Sharath went back inside the house, got caught in the smoke, and fell unconscious.

The firemen who arrived at the spot extinguished the fire and carried out rescue operations. Sharath, who was found unconscious and seriously ill, was rushed to a private hospital. However, he could not be saved.


Four persons including Boopalam Shashidhar escaped unhurt in the incident.

The case took place under Jayanagar police station limits.


Udayavani is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel and stay updated with the latest news.