Chikkamagaluru: Authorities and the public were in for a shock on Wednesday when they inspected the house of snake catcher Naresh, who died of a snakebite. Hundreds of live snakes were found in all sorts of unlikely places at the residence.
Local authorities, as well as members of the community, were left astounded when confronted with the disturbing sight of numerous baby snakes inhabiting Naresh’s house including the venomous cobras and vipers.
Officials from the Forest Department successfully extracted hundreds of reptiles that had been stored in bags, barrels, and various other containers. Disturbingly, snakes were even found inside Naresh’s house, car, and scooter, adding to the growing concerns of the local residents.
Snake Naresh, a widely recognized figure throughout the Chikkamagaluru district for his expertise in snake rescue, met a tragic end on Tuesday. He was unexpectedly bitten by a cobra he had reportedly caught earlier in the day. He died on the way to the hospital.