Short circuit: Fire engulfs house, no casualties

03:52 PM Jun 28, 2022 | Team Udayavani |

Kumta: An incident of a short circuit has been reported here on Tuesday, from Navagrama of Deevagi Gram Panchayat jurisdiction, in which, a house belonging to Gajanana Ambiga has been completely charred.


According to the reports, the incident took place when there was no one at home, due to which, no casualties have been reported. Items worth Rs 3-4 lakhs have been burnt to frazzle, which includes stitching machine, cupboards, bed, fridge, etc.

The firefighters who had rushed to the spot doused the flames within an hour. Mirjan Revenue Inspector Ganagir, PDO Rekha Nayak, Gram Panchayat members, and other officials inspected the scene.

Fire station Inspector Tammaiah Gowda and a team of fire-fighting officials were involved in taking the situation under control.


Udayavani is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel and stay updated with the latest news.