Sullia: A teenager, who fell ill after ingesting rat poison, died a week later on February 20.
The deceased has been identified as Shravya (17), daughter of B Ramesh of Markanja village here.
As per the police complaint, 17-year-old Shravya mistook rat poison for toothpaste and brushed her teeth with it. Soon after, she fell ill and was rushed to a hospital in Mangaluru. However, she died without responding to treatment.
Shravya was pursuing her PUC studies from a college in Puttur and is survived by her parents and a brother.
A case has been registered at the Sullia police station.