Bengaluru: Karnataka minister for energy, Kannada, and Culture V Sunil Kumar, on February 4, broke his silence about the announcement by Sri Ram Sene founder Pramod Muthalik to contest elections against him from Karkala.
Speaking to the media in Bengaluru, Sunil Kumar hit back and questioned the intentions of Muthalik contesting against him in the name of Hindutva. “Why is Pramod Muthalik contesting in the name of Hindutva? There is no need to explain who will benefit from it,” he said and added that Hindutva has not been affected in any way in Karkala.
“Muthaliks should answer why he left the RSS and Vishwa Hindu Parishad,” he said.
Further Sunil Kumar said, “Pramod Muthalik had earlier contested against senior BJP leader Ananth Kumar. He also contested against Pralhad Joshi. Everyone knows the result. He has now announced that he will contest from Karkala. I don’t know what his next choice is.”
Childhood pneumonia linked with higher death risk from respiratory infection as adult: Lancet study
“In a democracy, anyone can contest elections. Why should I oppose the decision taken by Muthalik? The people of Karkala have seen what Sunil Kumar has done for the last 20 years. They will decide in the future as well,” he said.
“Muthalik has made personal comments against me. He may do so in the future too. However, I will not retort to personal attacks. I don’t make personal comments against anyone. I will answer the people of Karkala on the questions related to the development of Karkala,” he said.