Mangaluru: Major takeaways for Dakshina Kannada district in State Budget
- Rs.15 crore grant for construction of fishing jetty for development of fishing activities in Malpe fishing harbour of Udupi District, waste management unit and other sanitation facilities.
- Proposal to start mammogram and papsmear Scanning facilities in 10 districts, including Mangaluru.
- Establishment of separate sports hostels for girls at Raichur, Haveri, Mangaluru, Chikkamagaluru, Mandya, Chamarajanagar, Kalaburagi, Kolar, Hassan and Dharwad districts Rs.15 crore is provided.
- Grant of Rs 125 crore under the “Mahathma Gandhi City Development Programme for Mangaluru city.
- Action to prepare feasibility report for developing a knowledge-Health Corridor at Mangaluru from Manipal to Konaje.
- Examining the viability and pros and cons of establishing Metro Rail Project in Mysuru, Mangaluru and Hubballi-Dharawad.
- Re-survey work to be undertaken with the help of Drones in the Dakshina Kannada and 6 other districts - Kalaburagi, Vijayapura, Mysuru, Gadag, Davanagere and Kodagu.
- A grant of Rs.7 crore for the development of Coastal Tourism at Sihihittalu of Panambur.