Talapady: A major fire broke out at a house in Tachhani cross in Talapady village on Saturday, March 6, however no casualties have been reported.
The incident took place at Vinay Kumar’s house when his wife Chaitra was sleeping with their children, Dhanwin and Trishika. The family on realizing their house had caught fire, immediately ran out.
The roof, tiles, household items, two metal cupboards, property documents, clothes, dining table, wooden chairs, machine used to spray pesticide and utensils were completely destroyed. The estimated loss suffered in this tragedy is around Rs 20 lac.
A case in this regard has been registered at Ullal police station.