Too clean glass wall causes accident at Singaporean restaurant!

09:54 AM May 08, 2022 | Team Udayavani |

Cleanliness and hygiene rank high, apart from taste, on our minds when choosing any restaurant to dine in. However, the insane standard of cleanliness led to a bizarre accident at a Singaporean restaurant.


The extra clean and stainless glass walls surrounding the Putien Restaurant in Singapore’s Raffles City caused a customer to get hurt.

A report in the Shin Min Daily News said a 53-Year-old woman, identified as Xu hurt herself after walking through a spotlessly clean and transparent glass wall. Xu, who arrived for lunch on May 1, wanted to use the restroom. The staff directed her in the general direction of exiting and turning right.

When proceeding to the exit, she walked right into the glass wall and hurt herself. She bled from her mouth, the report said.


The restaurant, on its part, apologized to the customer and extended complimentary food as compensation for her troubles. It also gave a 10 percent discount to the woman.

“The restaurant manager came to tend to my injuries immediately and asked me to seek medical treatment at the clinic next door, but I thought the injury was not serious, so I didn’t go,” Xu was quoted by the Chinese newspaper Shin Min Daily News as saying.

Putein restaurant has put up mobile retractable barricades to prevent such accidents from recurring.


Udayavani is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel and stay updated with the latest news.