Transformer electrocutes cow

01:36 AM Apr 05, 2020 | Team Udayavani |

Gurpur: A cow which was left to graze accidentally came in contact with the wire of a transformer and died due to electrocution at Badaga Ulipady village on Friday morning.


The cow belonging to a local identified as Celene had left the cow for grazing as per usual. But today morning, the cow which was grazing near the transformer came in contact with a live wire and reportedly died.

Mescom officials have visited the site and assured to install a fence around the transformer. Three more such transformers are located in the vicinity of Gurpur along the national highway and the problem must be rectified at the earliest, urged the locals.

The location was visited by the president of the local GP and Bajpe police.


Udayavani is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel and stay updated with the latest news.