Trasi: Property worth Rs 1.50 crore destroyed in massive blaze at electronics showroom

09:30 AM Jun 11, 2024 | Team Udayavani |

Kundapur: A massive fire at the Amba TV and Home Appliances showroom at Trasi on National Highway 66 on Sunday night, resulted in losses worth crores of rupees.


The showroom, owned by Sudhakar Shetty, suffered extensive damage, including a cash loss of Rs 3 lakh. The estimated total loss is over Rs 1.50 crore.

The incident is believed to have been caused by an electrical short circuit. The fire came to light around 10 PM.

The short circuit resulted in the burning of most electronic items, chairs, and other goods on the lower floor of the showroom. The fire brigade successfully prevented significant damage to the upper floor. The showroom housed goods worth Rs 2.50 crore, with losses exceeding Rs 1.50 crore due to the fire.

Regional Fire Officer of Mangaluru, R. Ranganath, and Udupi District Fire Officer, Vinayak K, inspected the site and gathered information.


5-Hour Operation

Upon learning about the major fire accident at night, fire engines and personnel from Byndoor, Kundapur, and Udupi arrived and commenced firefighting operations. Under the leadership of Kundapur Fire Station Officer V. Sundar and Byndoor Assistant Fire Station Officer Srinivas Poojary, the team managed to control the fire. The operation started at 10:30 PM and continued until 3 AM on Monday.


Udayavani is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel and stay updated with the latest news.