Chincholi (Kalaburagi): Two electrical workers, who were repairing an electrical line, were injured after coming into contact with a live wire here on Saturday.
Linemen working for Gulbarga Electricity Supply Company Limited (GESCOM) identified as Saddam and Harun Khan received serious electrical burn injuries in the incident.
They were taken to the Chincholi government hospital for treatment.
As per sources, electrical repair works were being carried out near the primary healthcare center at Ainoli village when the mishap occurred.
The incident has led to widespread condemnation. Locals of Ainoli village blamed the lack of safety procedures and condemned the actions of GESCOM officials. In a flash protest, the villagers also blocked the Chandrapur road.