Two women electrocuted at Pernankila

01:54 AM Apr 05, 2020 | Team Udayavani |

Udupi: A woman and her daughter were electrocuted after they came into contact with a snapped live electric wire in front of their house at Pernankila Gram Panchayat in Gundupade.


The deceased have been identified as Jalaja Nayak (80) and her daughter Sumathi (55). The incident occurred in the morning around 6:30am.

It is understood that the victims died on the spot after stepping out of their house unaware that the electric wire had snapped due to the heavy rain and wind. A case has been registered at Hiriyadka police station.


Udayavani is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel and stay updated with the latest news.